With an increasingly competitive landscape, ever-growing cost pressure and changing viewer behavior and expectations, today's broadcasters and media houses face tough challenges. They need to be able to adapt their workflows in an agile way, and infrastructures, such as media asset management systems, need to accommodate new requirements both quickly and cost effectively. In this respect, big, complex and monolithic systems, along with the typical vendor lock-in, which suffer from complex rollouts to scaling and updating, are unable to offer enough flexibility to provide practical solutions.
In return, the content management backend "VidiFlow" is the Vidispine answer to these challenges. VidiFlow is a modern media asset management which follows the microservice approach, offering REST APIs and designed as a cloud-native solution.
Designed with versatility as one of its core strengths, VidiFlow provides a robust and customizable object and metadata repository along with a BPMN workflow and rule engine to orchestrate 3rd party systems. On top, VidiFlow offers connectors for many broadcast specific systems on the market out-of-the-box.
Key Benefits: VidiFlow
- Manage the interoperability of media across your organization by making metadata the key of all workflows.
- Reduce the integration overhead and mirror business model requirements with flexible and versatile object repository and advanced metadata management.
- Use a highly flexible storage support, including cloud storage.
- Work with a truly format agnostic solution by exploiting edge-transcoding with a built-in transcoder for multi-site or on-premise/cloud scenarios.
- Orchestrate systems and processes using a high performance BPMN (Business Process Modelling Notation) adherent workflow modelling and execution layer.
- Customize and integrate with third-party systems with a scalable, API-driven middleware.
- Select a vast majority of enterprise broadcast 3rd party systems in the market out of the box.
- Build upon a modern architecture using (cloud) scalable microservices.
- Benefit from a high performance event-driven bus architecture.
- Reduce overhead with an infrastructure-agnostic, service-driven platform, and seamless scaling from device to cloud.