Creating and Editing a Watchfolder Functional Use Case [ENT 21.4 OG]
When creating or editing a Watchfolder Functional Use Case, users are creating a function in which a particular storage space is scanned for files. If files are found, a particular workflow can be triggered.
In essence, the Watchfolder Functional Use Case enables users to:
- Define which storage space is scanned.
- Define the access method used for that storage.
- Whether the objects to be scanned are only media objects, or metadata as well. If metadata is intended, both the storage and access also need to be specified.
- Whether only certain files with certain extensions should be scanned and considered for this workflow.
- The underlying workflow used for the scan.
- Whether to set it as active or not.